Global Demand for Skilled Talent Set to Heat Up this Summer: Hiring Intentions are Positive in 43 of 44 Markets
View complete Q3 2018 survey results: www.manpowergroup.com/meos
"We are seeing optimism from business leaders across the world because of an improving global economy, with better growth prospects and stronger business performance," said
Of over 59,000 employers surveyed across 44 countries and territories, confidence levels have strengthened year-on-year in 24 countries, weakened in 12 and remained the same in seven.
Global Hiring Plans by Region
- The Outlook in
France(+5%) increases a percentage point quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year. The Manufacturing sector reports the strongest Outlook in more than five years. Italyand Spainreport the lowest and third-lowest global hiring intentions, respectively, at -2% and 3%. Political turmoil in both countries – a snap election in Italyand no-confidence vote in Spain– have left employers treading with caution.
- As the Brexit vote reaches its two-year anniversary, hiring confidence among
UKemployers remains relatively stable (+4%), with employers in seven of the nine industry sectors planning to add staff and the most optimistic hiring plans reported in the Utilities sector.
- Employers reporting the strongest Outlooks are in
Croatia(+29%) followed by Hungary(+19%), and Greece(+15%),
- Japanese employers continue to report strong hiring intentions as healthy export volumes and wage growth fuel optimistic hiring plans
India'shiring intentions remain relatively stable at +17% for the past two quarters. The strongest industry Outlooks are reported by employers in Services and Wholesale & Retail Trade.
China, employers report the most optimistic hiring Outlook in three years (+11%) with employers across all six industry sectors planning to add staff.
- Solid workforce gains are forecast to continue in
Taiwanwith an Outlook of +24%. Finance, Insurance & Real Estate, and Manufacturing report the strongest Outlooks in the country at a sector level, with an Outlook of +31%.
- In the U.S., employers report the most optimistic Outlook for the Construction industry in 11 years, followed by Leisure & Hospitality. Employers in the South report the most positive Outlook in a decade.
- Canadian employers continue to report positive hiring intentions (+13%) with year-over-year gains across all regions, organization sizes and most sectors.
Mexico, employers report positive forecasts across all sectors, regions and organization sizes, yet hiring expectations are slowing compared to a year ago (+11% vs. +14%). The most favourable hiring plans are reported in Mining & Extraction, Manufacturing, and Transportation.
To view complete results for the
*The Net Employment Outlook is derived by taking the percentage of employers anticipating an increase in hiring activity and subtracting from this the percentage of employers expecting a decrease in hiring activity.
**No comparable data is available due to
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-demand-for-skilled-talent-set-to-heat-up-this-summer-hiring-intentions-are-positive-in-43-of-44-markets-300664314.html
Danielle Switalski, +1 (414) 248-7431, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Emma Kirby, +44 7787 434 678, Emma.email@example.com