Knowledge is Power: Candidates Are in the Driver's Seat Before They Even Click "Apply"
Click the link to download the report, The Rise of the Well-Informed Candidate: www.manpowergroupsolutions.com/candidatepreferences
Before making career decisions, job seekers are informing themselves on the details most important to them. The survey results show what really matters to candidates and what they want to know:
- Compensation and the type of work are the two most important draws for prospective candidates globally.
- Schedule flexibility and benefits tie as the third most important factors, indicating that lifestyle while on the job is a key consideration for job changers.
- There is increasing transparency on compensation globally. Nearly half (44%) of candidates know compensation details before applying. In the five markets with year-over-year data, this number has increased by more than 10 percent, which suggests this is a trend on the rise.
"Easy access to information has changed the way individuals find jobs and jobs find individuals. As organizations across the globe continue to report difficulties filling roles, understanding candidate preferences is critical," said
Knowing what matters most to today's job seekers, ManpowerGroup Solutions provides practical advice for companies so they can attract the best candidates:
- Reach the right talent where they are. Candidates consider company websites to be the number one source of information. Employers must recognize the importance of the content on their website and the potential of their HR portals to build employer brand and increase access to the information candidates are seeking.
- Be open to new conversations and new ways of having them. To meet the information expectations of candidates, employers should consider being open to sharing more information about their company. This includes more transparency around compensation.
- Monitor the buzz. It is important for organizations to understand how they are being talked about and perceived on channels they do not own - like social media and employer review sites like
Glassdoor. While control is limited, there is always an ability to respond and often, educate.
To learn more about ManpowerGroup Solutions' global candidate preferences research and download The Rise of the Well-Informed Candidate, visit www.manpowergroupsolutions.com/candidatepreferences.
About ManpowerGroup Solutions
ManpowerGroup Solutions provides clients with outsourcing services related to human resources functions, primarily in the areas of large-scale recruiting and workforce-intensive initiatives that are outcome-based, thereby sharing in the risk and reward with our clients. Our solutions offerings include TAPFIN-Managed Service Provider,
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/knowledge-is-power-candidates-are-in-the-drivers-seat-before-they-even-click-apply-300445800.html
News Provided by Acquire Media