Renew, Reskill, Redeploy: ManpowerGroup Releases New Research on the Impact of COVID-19 on Digitization and Skills at the Virtual #DavosAgenda
The survey of 26,000+ employers in more than 40 countries finds those companies that are digitizing most are creating the most jobs:
- Organizations are accelerating their digitization as a result of the pandemic: 38% are speeding up, while just 17% have put plans on hold.
- Employers that are digitizing plan to increase or maintain their headcount: 86% of those that have accelerated digitization will add roles compared to just 11% of employers who plan to reduce or hold their automation plans.
- The impact of the pandemic on digitization differs significantly around the world: Employers in
Germany, Austria, Japan, and Italyreport automation has accelerated most as the result of COVID-19 while those in the U.S., Franceand the U.K.are least likely to have sped up digitization.
- HR accelerates as a business priority: Organizations that are digitizing most are also planning significant increases in HR headcount (net increase of +15%). A shift from 2018 when HR headcount was predicted by most employers to see no growth.
- COVID-19 has shifted HR priorities for the long-term: HR leaders see employee health and wellbeing as the most important priority, with 63% set to put it top of their agenda for 2021 and beyond.
"Our research reinforces that digital transformation is occurring at an accelerating pace," said
When skills needs are changing faster than ever, organizations need refreshed workforce development strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain the best talent. Skills Revolution Reboot provides innovative solutions for the Skills Revolution:
- SkillsInSight™: ManpowerGroup's proprietary digital assessment to help people identify their strengths and work preferences, leveraging AI to predict an individual's likely fit for the role.
- MyPath: provides clear pathways of career progression for growth roles in cybersecurity, cloud computing, fintech and advanced manufacturing to close the skills gap, improve people's employability and help address the economic and social impact of the pandemic.
- Experis Tech Academies work with a broad range of clients, technical schools and universities to design curriculum for learners that can be applied on the job even before the learning is complete.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/renew-reskill-redeploy-manpowergroup-releases-new-research-on-the-impact-of-covid-19-on-digitization-and-skills-at-the-virtual-davosagenda-301215237.html
Emma Almond, (414) 544-1489, firstname.lastname@example.org